Read About Testosterone Testing Oakland CA
Reviewed By: Dr. Kurt Kloss, MD
Last Reviewed Date: Sep 04, 2019
Have you have seen changes in your overall sense of health and well-being lately, such as feeling tired and cranky all the time, less interested in sex and perhaps a bit forgetful or depressed? Maybe you've had unexplained weight gain, have trouble sleeping or feel like you're losing your strength and vitality. These symptoms, often written off as signs of aging, may well have more to do with your testosterone levels than your age and getting a testosterone level test near Oakland, CA is the best way to find out for sure.
These and other symptoms of low testosterone can certainly affect your quality of life. However, low or deficient testosterone levels can also have more serious physical effects. Testosterone supports a number of important aspects of health, including the maintenance of healthy bone density, muscle mass and strength and metabolism. For that reason, men who have chronically low levels of testosterone can be at greater risk of developing osteoporosis the brittle bone disease and risk factors for heart disease, such as high cholesterol and overweight/obesity. Checking your hormonal balance to prevent these potential problems can be easily done with a testosterone level test in Oakland, CA.
- In a study of men starting testosterone treatment between 2001 and 2010, 25% did not have a testosterone level test before treatment.
- Almost 50% of men taking testosterone did not have a test after treatment.
- In 2018, the revenue from testosterone drugs is estimate to rise about 60% from 2013.
- According to a 2007 study, older men are more likely to show symptoms of low testosterone than younger men.
- About 75% of men in a 2007 study had normal testosterone levels. Another 25% had low total testosterone levels or low free testosterone levels or both.
So what can you expect when you visit a medical testing center in Oakland, CA for a testosterone level test?
- Your testosterone levels will be measured via blood tests.
- A lab technician or nurse will draw a sample of your blood, which will be then be processed to evaluate the amount of testosterone in your bloodstream.
For the most accurate results, both total testosterone and free testosterone (active, usable hormones) levels should be measured. Then, your results will be compared to a reference range to determine whether you have normal testosterone levels or may require treatment to restore hormonal balance.
Low T Testing Near Me in Oakland, CA
Measure your testosterone levels at one of our local lab locations below:
Oakland, CA 94601
Oakland, CA 94609
OAKLAND, CA 94609
Oakland, CA 94607
Oakland, CA 94609
Oakland, CA 94605
Lab Tests (A-Z)
Concerned about low testosterone resulting from PTSD? Combat veterans, contact HTC about our discounted or free testing program.