Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
This test is used to evaluate prostate function, particularly as a screening test for prostate cancer.
It is also used to help diagnose prostatitis and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
For use as a prostate cancer screening test, both the American Cancer Society (ACS) and the American Urological Association (AUA) recommend that men consider potential benefits and risks of testing when making a decision.2-3
ACS recommendations include:
- Begin PSA screening at age 50 for average-risk men.2
- Begin PSA screening at age 45 for high-risk men.2 This includes men who are African-American, or who have a first-degree relative (dad, brother, or son) who had prostate cancer before age 65.2
- Begin PSA screening at age 40 for men with 2 or more first-degree relatives who had prostate cancer before age 65.2
- Repeat screening annually or every 2 years based on the PSA result.2
AUA recommendations include:
- Begin screening at age 55 and continue through age 69 for average-risk men.3
- Repeat screening every 2 years, or at different intervals based on PSA result.3
- Consider screening men age 40-54 if they are high risk, including African-American men and men with a family history of prostate cancer.3
- Consider continuing to screen men age 70 or older when they are in excellent health (defined by the AUA as men expected to live another 10-15 years).3
1. Purchase Tests
Choose the test you want (be sure to pick the laboratory you want to use).
Pay by credit card or PayPal®.
You pay directly and we do not bill your insurance.
(Note: A $10 laboratory fee is added to your total when you purchase one or more blood tests.)
2. Visit a Lab
After purchasing your testing you will receive an email with your lab requisition. Bring this form to the laboratory.
NOTE: Be sure to visit the appropriate laboratory!
If you choose LabCorp only visit a
If you choose Quest Diagnostics only visit a Quest location!
No appointment is needed, but making one can minimize your wait time.
Click here for HOURS & APPOINTMENTS
If you have selected the option to have an At Home Test Kit delivered to you, you will receive your test kit in the mail within 5 to 7 business days. (Not all tests are available as At Home Test Kits.)
3. Get Results
We’ll email you when your results are ready. Sign into your account to view and download your result reports.
PSA, prostate test