Titer Testing Bel Air, MD
(410) 559-9692 for lab results without doctor visit
At Health Testing Centers we make titer testing easy by allowing you to avoid the hassle of visiting your doctor. We provide consumer access to the same Bel Air, MD labs and FDA approved titer tests that your doctor utilizes. Titer lab tests, including Doctor's oversight, from Health Testing Centers include antibody levels for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chicken pox, shingles), hepatitis a, hepatitis b, tuberculosis, pertussis, polio, rubella (german measles), rubeola (measles), tetanus, diphtheria and tuberculosis. Titer test results are are not a part of your permanent medical record and are securely delivered to you, saving time and money.
Fast, accurate, clear results
100% satisfaction guarantee
Private and confidential
Read About Titer Testing in Bel Air, MD
Reviewed By: Dr. Kurt Kloss, MD
Last Reviewed Date: Oct 16, 2019
Do you need to get a blood titer to measure and document your immunization status? Getting a blood titer in Bel Air, MD can be made easy with Health Testing Centers, saving you both time and money. Our staff can help explain exactly what you need and how the process works from ordering to receiving results. You will find a convenient lab location near Anchorage and we will also help to interpret the results once you have completed the testing.
What is a blood titer?
A blood titer is a blood test that evaluates your immunity to a specific disease, such as measles, mumps and rubella (MMR). Other titer tests commonly ordered include varicella (chickenpox/shingles), hepatitis A, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, tuberculosis, rabies, tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis.
For many, routine vaccinations were a normal part of childhood in Bel Air, MD. These injections are designed to protect against serious, often life threatening infections. Titer testing was designed to determine if a person has antibodies associated with a specific disease existing in their blood. If a person has sufficient antibodies a vaccination or a booster may not be required. If antibody levels are determined to be insufficient it can easily be fixed with a vaccination or booster. Some vaccinations necessitate multiple doses to achieve a prescribed immunity level.
Choose a featured panel
Which panel is right for me?
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) Immunity Profile - measures antibody levels associated with measles, mumps, and rubella to determine immunity status.
Expanded Immunization Titer Package - this convenient package of common titer tests measures antibodies in your blood to confirm your immunization status of MMR, Varicella (Chicken Pox, Shingles), Hepatitis B and Tuberculosis.
Carefully designed by our physicians these panels provide a thorough analysis of your immunity to dangerous communicable diseases, and should be a part of any wellness routine, helping identify health concerns before they progress into chronic or life-threatening conditions. To help determine which panel is appropriate based on specific health or employment/educational concerns, please call (410) 559-9692 in Bel Air, MD to speak with a medical professional.
Why Health Testing Centers?
- Since 1980, Health Testing Centers has served over 100,000 patients
- Results typically in 2-3 business days via secure login
- Choose from LabCorp, Quest or at-home test kits
- Private, confidential FDA approved testing
- 3,500 convenient testing locations
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Titer Labs in Bel Air, MD
Find Lab Locations Near You and Order Your Own Lab Tests
LabCorp2021a Emmorton Rd Ste 122 Bel Air, MD Hours and Appointments Choose Location
Quest Diagnostics2227 Old Emmorton Rd, Suite 215 Bel Air, MD Hours and Appointments Choose Location
Quest Diagnostics4 C North Ave, Suite 405 Bel Air, MD Hours and Appointments Choose Location
LabCorp602 S Atwood Rd 204 Bel Air, MD Hours and Appointments Choose Location
Quest Diagnostics620 W Macphail Road, Suite 103 Bel Air, MD Hours and Appointments Choose Location
Lab Tests (A-Z)
Why would I need a blood titer?
There are a number of instances where blood titer testing would be required or highly warranted:
- Education - entering into a school or training program in Bel Air, MD, particularly healthcare related, typically requires documentation of up to date immunization status.
- Employment - starting a job at a healthcare company in Bel Air, MD, (hospital or medical staffing, schools or universities, medical device companies, pharmaceutical companies, or assisted living / home care services). These types of organizations require proof of immunity due to the increased risk of exposure to dangerous viruses or diseases. Your employer may be required to keep up to date records of you immunity by the MD Department of Health. If employees are not properly vaccinated, potential liability of fines could be assessed for noncompliance. Proper immunization is also the key to protect at-risk populations and ensure that contagions do not spread.
- Personal - you may want to want to establish your immunity status, or medical provider may recommend titer testing, for certain personal reasons. These include traveling to a region that has a high instance of particular communicable diseases or being around a newborn baby, where there is increased risk of infection.
What is included in blood titer test results?
Your titer test results will be reported as numerical values illustrating concentration levels in the blood and will be illustrated against reference ranges established by the reporting laboratory. If titer levels are positive, assuming that infection is not present, then additional vaccination is not normally recommended.
Positive titer results typically are interpreted to mean that you are immune to the disease as established by international standards. If you are testing for educational or employment reasons in Bel Air, MD, you simply need to submit the lab results to the institution. A negative blood titer result typically means that you are not immune to a specific disease and will need to be vaccinated or receive a another dose of the vaccine. In some cases it may be possible to obtain a waiver from the institution regarding risks to which you will be exposed.